10 Super Easy Ways To Go Greener At Home...besides just recycling!
The number of ways we can go greener at home is endless. You can google "ways to go greener at home" and find hundreds of articles on the subject. I decided just to list 10, my favorite 10 ways to go greener at home. They are super easy, they save me money each month and they are helping the environment. What's not to like?
10 Ways To Go Greener At Home...
1) STOP using disposable bags. There is so much plastic waste in the ocean that A Sperm Whale was recently found dead with 64 pounds of plastic debris in his stomach.
2) STOP buying plastic disposable bottles. Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle and fill it up regularly.
3) SUPPORT your local economy and shop at your local farmers market. Remember to bring your own reusable bags.
4) PAY your bills online. Not only is it greener and an easier way to pay the bills, it is an also sanity saver.
5) REPURPOSE glass jars as leftover containers and bulk storage. Use in the kitchen and in the laundry.
6) DONATE and shop at thrift stores. You will be recycling perfectly usable items, you will be supporting your local economy and you will be saving money.
7) PROMPTLY fix leaky faucets, running toilets and broken sprinkler heads. Thousands of gallons of water gets wasted just from folks saving these minor projects for the weekend.
8) UNPLUG unused chargers and appliances. It's the little things that go unnoticed but can help make a difference.
9) CONDUCT an energy audit of your home and sign up for green power at your local power company. Here in Northern Nevada, NVEnergy has several ways to save on your monthly energy bill. Click here, NV Energy, to learn more.
10) PLANT an herb garden. They are super easy to start, super easy to maintain and grow. This one might be one of my favorite summer projects. Fresh rosemary, mint, basil to put in your salads or on top of your favorite pasta? What's not to love?
April 22, 2018, is EARTH DAY 2018. The worlds largest environmental movement is dedicating this day to End Plastic Pollution. In response to all of the poisoning and injuring of marine life, the littering of our beaches and landscapes, Earth Day is focusing on changing human attitudes and behavior about plastics in our culture. Please head over to www.earthday.org to see how you can participate and see what your city is doing to help reduce Plastic Pollution in your area.
Looking to celebrate Earth Day 2018 in Reno? The earth day celebration will be held Sunday, April 22, 2018, from 11 am to 6 pm at Idlewild Park in Reno. This event is free and open to the public.
Looking to learn more about Clean Energy in Northern Nevada? Be sure to visit NVenergy for all of the latest information. To go paperless, start, stop or move your service, visit NVenerg to save time and money.
Looking to learn more about recycling in Northern Nevada? Waste Single Stream Recycling has all of your answers. To go paperless, start, stop or move your waste pick up service, visit Waste Management.
Looking for local Reno Thrift stores? Check out the top ten rated on Yelp. Yelp also has a list of the Top 10 Rated Reno Farmers Markets. Not all of the farmers have listed their 2018 venues, so be sure to stop back in June for the schedule.
Looking to learn more about the Reno Real Estate Market? Interested in buying or selling a Reno Home? Please call me for all of your Reno-Sparks NV real estate needs and questions 775-846-5424 or email Terrie@terrieleighton.com.
Your Home. My Priority. Since 2003
NV LIC: S.0061129 PM #167199
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
Certified Default Resolution Specialist (CDRS)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ~ Certified (SFR)
NAR's Green Designation ~ Certified Green
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Cell ~ 775.846.5424
Email ~ Terrie@terrieleighton.com