Yes, it's true, the City of Sparks does have a "traditional, old-fashioned" Drive-In Movie Theater!
The West Wind El Rancho Drive-In is now open for its 61st season! This four screen outdoor movie theater is one of our favorite things to do in the summer time. Watching a movie under the stars brings back memories for older generations and creates new memories for younger people.
If you are old enough to remember Drive-In Movie experience then you know the nostalgic feelings often associated with these outdoor movie theaters.
Watching a movie on the largest movie screens available, bringing blankets and lawn chairs to watch a movie is quite uncommon today. The experience is truly unique.
The El Rancho Drive-In is probably still as popular today as it was when it was first open back in the 1940's. Back then there were theaters like these in nearly every city across the county. But lucky for the Reno and Sparks community, the Drive-In is back for another season.
Here are a 10 reasons why the El Rancho Drive-In will be worth a visit this summer:
1) It's cheap~ Price of a ticket is only $6.25 for adults, $1 for children ages 5-11 years. Tuesdays admission is only $4.25!
2) Two movies for the price of one ~ Double features every night!
3) Snack stand is less expensive than indoor movie theater prices ~ same great movie food: popcorn, candy, hot dogs, soda, ice cream!
4) Bring your own food ~ yes, it is allowed!
5) Sit outside your car ~ bring your own lawn chair, blanket, pillow and get comfortable!
6) Great for a date night ~ Totally romantic to watch a movie under the stars!
7) Kids will love it~ they will talk about if for days after. ( I know, I have taken my kids before and it is way better than the roller skating rink!)
8) Kids can play at the play area until the movie starts.
9) Great location ~ just off Interstate 80 at 555 El Rancho Drive, Sparks, Nevada
10) You can say you went to the drive in movies, not many people can say that these days! And you just never know home many more years it will be around! Go this summer!
Call 775-358-6920 for showtime information.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Go To The El Rancho Drive-In Movie Theater in Sparks, Nevada This Summer
Your Home. My Priority. Since 2003
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Resolution Specialist (CDRS)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ~ Certified (SFR)
NAR's Green Designation ~ Certified Green
Certifed Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Cell ~ 775.846.5424
Email ~ Terrie@terrieleighton.com