Why Use A REALTOR® When Buying A Reno Home?
If you are looking to buy a home, you should consider finding a local area REALTOR® who can help find homes for sale and help you with the preparation process of home buying. A licensed real estate agent can help understand everything you need to know about the home buying process, from beginning to end.
Here are a few things that are good to know when you use a real estate agent to help you buy a home:
1) in this area, there is no out-of-pocket cost to the Buyer when using a REALTOR® to help you buy a home. It is customary for the seller to pay their agents commission and the buyers agent commission as well.
2) Buying Power ~ Prior to looking at any homes, your real estate agent will make sure you have already spoken to a lender to find out how much house you can afford. If you do not have a preferred lender, your agent can provide a list of local lenders to interview. Once you have chosen and met with the lender, you will receive a pre-qualification letter with information indicating the type of loan you will be getting and how much you are pre-approved to borrow.
3) Getting to know you ~ The next step in the home buying process is getting to meet your Realtor! This may sound a bit trite but it is just as important as meeting your lender. This is where you tell your new agent what you are looking for in a new home. Things like neighborhood, schools, parks, size of home, bedrooms, garages, backyard area all discussed now. Likes and dislikes are discussed. Time frames, logistics, move out dates are REALTOR® talked about. Your agent will try to find as much information as possible so the home search can begin.
4) Home Resource Center ~ Your real estate agent now becomes your guide to local real estate listings. REALTOR® have many resources to assist you in your home search. Access to the Multiple Listing Service, constant communication with other REALTORS® to find out what homes are coming on the market, who is getting ready to sell, Agent/Broker meetings. The real estate agent you choose should have the inside scoop on active listings in your community.
5) Scheduling Appointments ~ Your agent will preview homes, schedule appoints, talk to the selling agents, find out about current offers, time frames for sellers, why sellers are selling, what are the school zones, bus lines, neighborhood information. All the details can be handled by your buyers agents.
5) Your Dream Home ~ You found the home of your dreams and now you would like to submit an offer. Prior to writing an offer, you agent will do a comparative market analysis on recent home sales in the neighborhood to help you come in with the best price. Once your offer is submitted, your agent will be negotiation price, financing, terms, closing dates, inspections, repair costs, items such as appliances or play structures that you would like stay with the home.
6) Inspections and Closings ~ The purchase agreement will state the time frame for getting inspections performed and close of escrow. Your agent will schedule and attend all inspections and the closing. Making sure there are no title liens, getting HOA documents ordered are all part of the buyers agents job that will help your closing go smoothly.
The items above are just a small preview of what your Reno Buying Real Estate Agent can do for you when looking to buy are Reno home. If you need additional help in finding a lender, searching the web for homes listed for sale, or would like to meet with me to discuss the home buy process, please contact me, your Local Area Real Estate Specialist, I would be happy to hear form you!
My contact information is:
Terrie Leighton, REALTOR®
Ferrari-Lund Real Estate
Your Home. My Priority. Since 2003
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Resolution Specialist (CDRS)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ~ Certified (SFR)
NAR's Green Designation ~ Certified Green
Certifed Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Cell ~ 775.846.5424
Email ~ Terrie@terrieleighton.com