Don't just throw your Christmas Tree away, recycle it. It's not too late!!
Northern Nevada's annual Christmas Tree Recycling program, sponsored by Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB), has been recycling trees since 2003. Nearly 130,000 trees have been recycled through this program with the help of many volunteers and local sponsors.
How much does it cost to drop off my Crhistmas Tree?
To help fund this project and other projects throughout the year, KTMB requests a donation of $3.00 per tree is requested.
Where can I drop off my Christmas Tree?
Now thru January 7, 2018, you can take your live tree to a number of drop off locations. Drop-off times are the same at each site - 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day. See below for locations:
- Bartley Ranch Regional Park, 6000 Bartley Ranch Road (off Lakeside Drive) in Reno
- Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, 1595 N. Sierra Street (in Pagoda parking lot) in Reno
- Shadow Mountain Sports Complex, 3300 Sparks Boulevard (Shadow Lane entrance) in Sparks
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 17 in Spanish Springs, 500 Rockwell Blvd.
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 223 in Lemmon Valley, 130 Nectar Street
- Truckee Meadows Fire Station 16 in Washoe Valley, 1240 East Lake Blvd.
Why do I want to recycle my Christmas Tree?
There are plenty of ways to give your Christmas tree a second life after the holidays. The Christmas Tree Recycling Program provides community residents with an easy alternative to dumping trees in the landfill or- as is sometimes seen- in the open spaces. Trees are chipped into mulch that is used for park and weed abatement projects and is available for free to area residents at the Bartley Ranch and Rancho San Rafael drop-off sites.
Recycling your tree helps ensure the sustainability of our community by saving valuable landfill space.
Recycling your tree also helps keep Truckee Meadows beautiful!!
Your Home. My Priority. Since 2003
NV LIC: S.0061129
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Resolution Specialist (CDRS)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ~ Certified (SFR)
NAR's Green Designation ~ Certified Green
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Property Manager NV PM# 167199
Cell ~ 775.846.5424
Email ~ Terrie@terrieleighton.com