I am hosting an open house for the VACANT Condo I have listed.
It is a great Condo, great location, corner, ground unit, nice views, etc.. The owner kept it spotless and it shows great even though it has no furniture.
But I want to make it more appealing for visitors (yes, I am hoping to get a bit of traffic) and would welcome any suggestions.
I have not held an open house for some time and have not done one for a vacant home, ever. Honestly, I am just looking for some "tips an advice" (as usual) to help make this a success.
The following is a list of what I have already done to prepare for my open house:
1) Advertised in Sunday's RGJ, our local newspaper.
2) Sent out an email to my office and people on my contacts list encouraging them to stop by and bring any interested buyers along and/or to pass the information to anyone they think might be interested.
3) Made new flyer's to give out the day of the open house.
4) Notified the mortgage company I work with so I could have flyer's made with current interest rates and loan information.
5) Got in touch with the Title company I use for an updated Property Profile Package to show interested parties. Plus, when I call them, they always bring some extra pens and pads of paper to give out.
6) Got a babysitter for the kids! Important one!
7) Borrowed several onen house signs.
What I am planning the day of the open house:
1) Have plenty of ice cold water for guests (the temperature was 101 degrees today.)
2) Make cookies (Or buy Cookies)
3) I am not going the balloon route this time so I bought a string of plastic flags for the wrought iron fence that is located on the outside of the condo and around to common areas. Hopefully that will attract a few passer-byes.
4) Pack a chair to sit on and reading material...just in case.
And that is all I can think of. What concerns me is presentation. I would love to "WOW" the people when they walk into the cono. How can I do this with an vacant property?
Here are a couple of picturesnof the condo. The address is 2624 Sunny Slope. #16, Sparks, Nevada, if you know of anyone.
Have a great weekend and thanks for the help!
Your Home. My Priority. Since 2003
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Resolution Specialist (CDRS)
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ~ Certified (SFR)
NAR's Green Designation ~ Certified Green
Certifed Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Cell ~ 775.846.5424
Email ~ Terrie@terrieleighton.com